Fortune magazine list out the top 10 tech trends for the future, some interesting ones in there. Wi-Fi sounds like it really should not be in there – I was writing about that technology 3 years ago – and I am sure it figured back then in other tech trends to bet on.
1. Smart Dust/RFID (Tiny wireless sensors start monitoring the nation’s food, workplaces and welfare)
2. Convergence, music, computers, media etc.
3. China ruling technology
4. Open source becomes mainstream
5. Ebay gets bigger
6. Wi-fi everywhere
7. HDTV gets cheap
8. Subscription – lots of services in one bill
10. Ads on the net really do work